Tonight’s dinner was pretty well-received by Jason, so I’ll go ahead and post it here. This is a tasty and easy meal to make on the quick – and I made it in the oven so it’s a bit more healthy than it would be pan fried or grilled.
- One packet of grass-fed, 90/10 ground beef (recommended from Whole Foods)
- 3/4 cup of gorgonzola crumbles
- One egg
- Three tablespoons of fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- One teaspoon of dried cilantro or italian herbs
- Salt & pepper to preference
- Put ground beef in a stainless-steel mixing bowl
- Crack the egg over the beef
- Add gorgonzola, basil, salt and pepper, and any other preferred dried herbs
- Hand squish until all ingredients are mixed
- Knead into balls and set aside; prepare glass pyrex dish with natural spray olive oil
- Put patties to your desired thickness in the dish, separated by about an inch
- Bake on the center rack on 350 for 10 minutes; flip and bake another 10
- Move to top rack and broil to desired doneness
Variations & notes:
- Some of the gorgonzola will leak out, but the flavor will remain
- Flatten the patties out for faster cooking
- Augment with some extra cheese on top – I used pepper cheese tonight, but you can use any you like
- Since I’m watching my carbs during the week, I served this bun-free, but if you use a bun or bread, make sure to toast it first.
- Tonight’s side was almond-citrus broccoli – a great side for this dish
Enjoy! And if you make this recipe, please post your results here.
(photo credit and h/t: Serious Eats)